Each unfurnished flat is provided with:
- Kitchen and bathroom
- Emergency call system
- Electric cooker, fridge-freezer
- There is a laundry room (washing machine, tumble drier) on each floor
- There is a communal lounge where residents can meet for fellowship, with various activities for those who wish to attend.
- There is also a small chapel and a quarterly service arranged with the parish church, which is open to all.
Addison Court also ensures:
- Maintenance and general upkeep
- Cleaning and lighting of communal areas
The Tenant Contribution also covers heating and water in each flat.
- Each resident is responsible for their own domestic bills, Council Tax, electricity, phone, TV licence, etc.
- Subject to status, Housing Benefit can be claimed by residents living at Addison Court.
- As the flats are for independent living, applicants should be able to look after themselves, with support from family or Social Services if necessary and available.
- All applications are assessed by the House Manager and approved by Trustees, following an interview. References are required and a medical report will be sought.
New tenants are offered a two-year assured shorthold tenancy under Part I of Chapter II of the Housing Act 1988
Addison Court is run by Holy Trinity (Guildford) Housing Association Ltd, whose trustees are appointed by the Parochial Church Council. For further information about the parish of Holy Trinity and St, Mary, please click here.
The trustees meet quarterly, but deal with governance issues more frequently, as necessary.
The day to day management is carried out by a small team of part time staff, led by the House Manager.
|Katie Rooke: House Manager|
|Lesley Prideaux: Assistant House Manager|
|Lindsey Ruocco: Support Worker|
How to Apply
At the moment we do not have any vacancies, but will post them on this page when we get availability. Please check back.
If you wish to apply for a flat, please click here to down load an application form, which you can fill in, print off and send by post to 18 Addison Court, Addison Road, Guildford GU1 3QD. If you have a scanner, you can send it as an email attachment.
We will require a medical report from your GP; this will need your consent. If you wish, you can download the medical form (click here to download), print it off, sign the consent and send it to us, by post to the address above or as an email attachment (signed and scanned).
When we receive your application, we will contact you. If there is a vacancy, or one is likely, we will arrange a viewing. We do not keep a long waiting list, and available flats are allocated according to housing need.
Addison Court is a charitable housing association, incorporated under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2015 (company number IP16513R). It is registered with the Housing Corporation (No. L1994).